Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Five Questions about me asked by professor in English 102

1)      Where do you come from?
a.       Born in Corona California, raised in Las Vegas Nevada taught me much about city living.  I’ve been on the east coast for about a decade now through marriage.  I miss the city life a lot, things being open 24 hours, awesome buffets and eateries, things to do all year round.  I currently live in Richmond, Kentucky and hoping to move to Lexington before this semester is over.
2)      What is my experience with writing.
a.       Attempting to write different things has occurred many times through my life.  When I was in grade school I use to try to write short stories.  During my mid-twenties I attempted my own life story.  Currently I write a very extensive Bible Study that I attend to at least once every other day. 
3)      What is seriously important to my beliefs?
a.       About a year and a half ago I was one of the many people that turned off cable and subscribed to Netflix.   I quickly realized that they didn’t really hold much in the way of current movies, but they had an awesome selection of documentaries.  I never considered myself a documentary buff, but it was something to pass the time.  I stumbled upon one called Food Inc. and my whole life changed.  I capitalized on Food Inc. with others such as Earthlings and King Corn.  These documentaries opened my eyes to the food industry.  I think us Americans are brainwashed and stupefied when it comes to our main existence and that is food.  I quickly gained momentum in learning all I could in the food industry and the use of GMO’s in plants and ingredients in animal feed.
4)      Why the hell am I in college?
a.       Being green conscience has always been an interest of mine.  I started and ran a very successful and reputable metal recycling business in Fort Wayne, Indiana for about 5 years till the market crashed, then relocated to Kentucky.  One year I invested in a pair front loader washer and dryer unit because they used less energy and water to wash clothes.  A year and a half ago I became aware of the food industry and their lack of concern for the environment and human health.  Once I realized what they were doing with our meat, I went vegetarian for about four months till I found organic meat readily available.  I have since realized the importance of organic fruits and vegetables as well without all that GMO crap in them.
b.      There is only so much I can do in my own home with food, florescent lights, going 65 mph on the interstate rather than 70 to capitalize my mpg, energy efficient appliances, etc.  It is time for me to get a full education so I can assist in informing people about the environment and what they are putting into their bodies every meal of every day.
5)      What culture do I consume?
a.       Whenever I ask people if they have a hobby, they either say no or yes – television or video games.   I subscribe to many hobbies such as camping, swimming, writing my own bible study, cross-stitching and lots of research into food and the environment.  I believe people that don’t have hobbies get themselves in a rut that either causes depression or they have so much time on their hands they find themselves in trouble with the law or within their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment